Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Geisel Library

Did you know that Dr. Suess (aka Theodor Suess Geisel) has a library named after him?  He does, at UCSD, and it looks pretty darn strange:


I bet at night it probably looks more like an alien spacecraft than it does a building.  It was designed by William Pereira in the brutalist style of architecture.  (If you don't recognize Pereira's name, you might now him better as the guy who designed the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco, and one of the guys who worked on the Theme Building at LAX.)

The funny thing is, I've seen the Geisel Library probably hundreds of times before without even realizing it.  A closeup of the library is actually the very first thing you see in the opening credits for Simon & Simon.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete